Admiral Heights Swim Club
160 Porter Drive Annapolis, Maryland
Questions? Please send an email to:
Current Pool Rules and By-Laws
All bond owners and renters are bound by the pool rules and by-laws.
Click to download the current rules and by-laws.
Current Pool Rules
The following rules and regulations are for the safety and comfort of pool bond owners, renters and guests to ensure the safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. We appreciate your cooperation in observing the following rules:
1. All persons using the pool and surrounding facilities agree not to hold Admiral Heights Community Pool, Inc., or its board members, liable for any actions of whatever nature occurring at the pool and surrounding facilities. Members are responsible for the actions of their children and guests.
2. Admiral Heights Community Pool, Inc. reserves the right to refuse entry or deny pool privileges to anyone at its sole discretion. The pool rules and regulations may be revised or amended at any time at the sole discretion of the board members of the Admiral Heights Community Pool, Inc.
• Failure to comply with any of these rules and regulations will result in the violator being barred from further use of the pool and surrounding facilities for the season.
Interpretation of the rules shall be at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty, and such decisions will be supported by the board members.
3. It is the responsibility of the lifeguard on duty to enforce all pool rules and regulations. The lifeguards have the discretion to prohibit any actions or behaviors that they deem to be unsafe. Passes will be revoked for the season for the following reasons:
• Misusing, abusing and/or damaging community property.
• Disturbing the peace (fighting, abusive or profane language, etc.)
• Misuse of alcohol and/or use of illicit drugs.
• Not adhering to pool rules.
• Abusing the guest policy.
4. Only pool bond owners and bond renters whose accounts are current and paid in full will be issued pool passes. Pool passes are required at all times for entrance into the pool. Pool bond holders and bond renters will be issued 10 guest passes, per bond, for the season.
• The fee for lost member passes is $20.00 per pass. Please contact membership coordinator, Jen McAndrews at firstname.lastname@example.org for a new pass.
5. Persons using the pool and surrounding facilities agree to comply with all rules and regulations promulgated by the City, County, and State health department. Admission will be denied to persons with skin abrasions, colds, inflamed eyes, or any infection, and to any person wearing a bandage.
6. Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by an adult in order to be at the pool or surrounding facilities at all times. Children ages 11-15 must pass the swim test to come to the pool unsupervised. An adult is a responsible person age 16 or older.
* A now-swimmer is anyone under the age of 16 who is not able to pass the swim test.
* Non-swimmers may not come to the pool without adult supervision.
* When using the pool, the guardian must be engaged and within arm’s reach of their non-swimmer.
* Non-swimmers who are not adequately supervised by a responsible adult will be asked to exit the water for the safety of the non-swimmer.
Parent/Guardian must closely watch children at all times. Parent/Guardian must accompany a non-swimmer in the water at all times.
Standard swim test:
Swim one long length of the pool.
Tread water for one minute in the deep end of the pool.
* Pool management company will supply wristbands to members and guests that pass the swim test.
* The wristband should be worn with every pool visit.
* A swim test log is kept in the guard office with test date, swimmer name, and guard name.
* Swimmers will have to retake the swim test if wristband is forgotten. A temporary or replacement band will be supplied as appropriate.
* Swimmers who are found sharing their bands will be asked to exit the water.
General Safety Regulations
* For the purpose of supporting non-swimmers, inner tubes, water wings, and all other flotation devices are not permitted at any time. For safety purposes, only a life vest approved by the United States Coast Guard is to be used. If a child uses such a life vest, a parent or guardian must accompany the child in the water at all times.
* Rafts and water wings are not permitted in the pool area at any time.
Prolonged underwater swimming, breath-holding or games including such behavior are prohibited.
7. Children who are under the age of 3 and not fully “potty trained” are not permitted in the main pool. Children who are not “potty trained” are permitted in the wading pool and are required to wear cloth diapers and snug plastic pants, or disposable swim diapers. Regular, disposable diapers are not permitted in any pool at any time. No diapers of any kind are allowed in the main pool.
8. A pool member must accompany guests at all times. Members must sign in each guest. The guest fee is $3.00 per person, payable to the lifeguard at the pool entrance. Additional guest passes may be purchased throughout the season from the lifeguard.
9. Glass is not permitted on the pool deck or surrounding facilities.
10. Wheeled vehicles or pets of any type are not permitted on the pool deck. Strollers and wheelchairs are permitted on the pool deck.
11. Noodles and small or medium-sized rings are permitted in the pool at the discretion of the lifeguard. These flotation toys are NOT to be used to support a non-swimmer.
12. No smoking on pool property.
13. Proper attire must be worn in the pool. No cut-offs, jeans or shorts can be worn in the swimming pool.
14. Lap swimming times, will be called by the lifeguard from a quarter of the hour until the hour (15 minute period). An extended Lap swimming is held from 5:45-6:15 (full pool) and from 6:15-6:45 (half pool open to all swimmers). This will be the last lap swimming of the day. There will be no diving board use during lap swimming.
15. The lifeguard may ask any swimmer to pass a swim test in order to be permitted to swim in the deep end of the pool. No child under the age of 6 is allowed in the deep end without being accompanied by an adult.
16. The pool manager or lifeguard has been delegated the responsibility of strict enforcement of the rules and regulations. If a pool member or guest violates any of the pool rules, the lifeguard has the authority to restrict that person’s use of the pool and surrounding facilities for the remainder of the day. Within 24 hours of the incident, the lifeguard will report it to the pool board members and subsequent action will be taken.
17. Swimming after hours in the absence of lifeguards will be considered trespassing and reported to the police.
18. Please contact the pool board via email@example.com to schedule private parties. Additional fees may apply.